Thursday, December 10, 2009

Finn's First Modeling Job. (This post is for you, Tim)

I'm making a dress for a friend whose little girl is just a little older and taller than Finn. He is serving as my living mannequin, to make sure the proportions on the dress are right.

He really enjoyed squatting down in the dress. This, of course, is not helpful at all in the modeling process.

We eventually got him to stand up.

We kept trying to get him to hold his arms out so that we could see the detail of the sleeves. No luck until he decided it was time to go into the laundry basket.

Now why would he be hiding under a towel?

Well it turns out Finn makes a great mannequin for checking fit, but I think the hanger is a better model.

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Cute, cute dress. Even cuter Finn. Thanks for sharing.

Sylvia said...

Love the new header picture, by the way! You take such great photos.

Tim said...

Sarah- I have just added mannequin to your Christmas list. I ordered 3 today representing a variety of toddler sizes. Happy Holidays.