Friday, February 19, 2010

Valentine's Day Part 2

Treats for my sweeties. The kids love to have a little Valentine's treat at their place at the table in the morning. I had planned to get them a special vegan treat from Cosmos Vegan Shoppe which is close by to our house, but they were closed due to snow, so plan B came into effect. I melted dark chocolate chips and poured them into a heart shaped ice cube tray. I also planned to make them each a reusable snack bag, but just couldn't find the time. They were happy to recieve the snack bags just a couple of days late though. I wasn't too worried about it because I didn't reallly think they would be all that exciting anyway. As it turned out, Eryn really loved hers and can't wait to use it for a snack at Masters on Monday - I love how easy it is to make kids happy.

















We had intended to go to the grocery store and make dinner at home for Valentine's Day but that didn't quite work out either. So we decided to go out for Mexican instead. Of course this thrilled Eryn and Ely. There really haven't been many restaurant outings since Finn was born so this was a really treat. Eryn decided she needed to dress up since it was Valentine's Day, in a sparkly dress and clip on earrings.

No comments: