For Jude's 2
nd Birthday (Happy Birthday Jude!), my sister wanted me to make patchwork shorts. I love making patchwork but sometimes the project can seem a bit overwhelming. Making the shorts is easy - it's making the patchwork fabric that is a little time-consuming.
So the week before his birthday, instead of starting the shorts, I procrastinated by making five knit baby outfits instead. These are all from the New Conceptions Baby Essentials pattern, which I love.

These two are for baby gifts. The pink and brown roses is size 3-6 months and I modified the pattern by taking out the arm and leg cuffs and making them straight instead. The other one is a 0-3 month three piece outfit. It's hard to see but the fabric is tiny maroon and purple flowers.

These two are newborn size and are for our new baby.

This is also for our baby (if it's a girl). This is size 3 - 6 months, modified without cuffs and to have ruffles at the bottom. They didn't quite come out as ruffled as I would have liked, but I know how to change that for next time.
Finally, two days before the party, I started the patchwork. This is the fabric, before cutting out the shorts. All of the pieces came from scraps from other projects or small pieces given to me, including some vintage scraps from my MIL.

The front of Jude's shorts.

And the back.
I also made a pair for Finn,

Finn front.

Finn back.

Shorts in action.
**********************************************
I forgot about these pajamas; also made during the procrastination week. Finn saw the green dog fabric for the baby outfit and wanted something for himself. So he got new pj's for the fall.

No comments:
Post a Comment