Friday, May 4, 2012

Spice Container Project

We use a lot of spices and we buy them in bulk because it's much less expensive that way and because you can buy just the amount you need.  We had been keeping them in plastic containers, plastic bags and jars on a shelf in a cabinet.  Pretty much every time you wanted a spice you would have to search for it for a while and then most likely several containers would fall on you when you tried to take it out of the cabinet.  I saw the idea on Pinterest to keep spices in a drawer in baby food jars.  The original idea used chalkboard paint for the lids but I preferred to just use regular spray paint in the closest color I could find to Aqua.  Then I used a label maker to label them.

Before.



Thanks to Tim for spray painting all the lids.

No comments: