Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fourth of July

We had several days of rain and storms on Fourth of July weekend but we still had a great time. 

Earlier in the week, I took Finn and Cael to the library, for a very loud, very crowded story time and parade.  You can tell by Finn's face that he didn't exactly enjoy it.  I've decided we are waiting until after the summer to go back to story time, when there will be fewer kids.


On the Fourth, we had a picnic lunch on our front porch and then everyone played in the rain. 



In between rain showers that afternoon, Tim and the older kids went to the pool, while Cael and I went for a long walk.  Our city fireworks were cancelled but we managed with a very small fireworks show of our own. 




I even managed to fit in a couple of patriotic crafts to put on our front porch.


No comments: