2. The Hawks. Watching them close up as they fly and hunt and rest in our yard.
3. The new deck - if only we could have built it sooner.
4. The large wooded lot - but not the maintenance (or lack of maintenance on our part)
5. The trees we have planted in memory of loved ones.
Ok I really have loved this house but I can't actually think of 10 things.
How about 10 things I love about my new house.
1. It's two houses away from my sister!
2. No carpet! Hardwood floors in every bedroom and living space. Tile in the bathrooms and kitchen.
3. That we can walk to Marietta Square and the park.
4. The mini chandelier in the master bathroom, the rain shower head and bench in the master shower, the counters in the master bathroom, Ok - everything about the master bathroom. (And I thought I didn't really care about bathrooms).
5. The fireplace in my bedroom.
6. The wonderful natural light from all the many windows.
7. The fact that there is a room called "The Keeping Room"
8. That the mail is delivered to the coolest mailbox on front porch.
9. The front porch.
10. The yard that is a size we can actually maintain but still has room to play and plant and explore.
11. The deck with pergola and outdoor curtains which is truly an extension of the indoor living space and will make a great stage for the kids' many performances.
12. The detached garage that someday soon will house the man cave/office and the sewing studio.
13. The closet organization systems. Another thing I didn't know how much I valued.
14. That it is fully renovated.
15. The very social neighborhood.
Change is good!
1 comment:
Change is good. I know you have worked so hard to prepare for this move. It will all be worth the effort. Come on over neighbor!
Post a Comment