Thursday, May 21, 2009

Earley Morning

My favorite time of the day is the half an hour after we first wake up in the morning. Because we homeschool we usually don't have to be anywhere in the mornings and can take our time getting up. When Finn and I wake up we have a few minutes of time to ourselves to snuggle and nurse. Every morning when I open my eyes and see Finn next to me its like receiving a gift. Co-sleeping is one of the best parenting decisions we have made. For me it ranks in the top three along with breastfeeding and me staying at home.

Eryn and Ely play by themselves until they hear Finn on the baby monitor and then they come in to see us, all full of energy and ready to start the day. When Finn was younger they would spend a long time just marveling over him every morning. They still can't wait to snuggle him each day.

One morning last week Ely decided they needed to put on a puppet show for us while we sat in bed. It started out like a normal puppet show - with the main goal being to make Finn laugh.


It quickly escalated into supreme silliness.

With Ely's finale being to see how many puppets he could manage at one time!



Puppets are big fun around here. I haven't counted how many we have but they take up an entire IKEA toy box.

2 comments:

Brannen Family said...

I bet your kids will cherish and remember those mornings too.

Unknown said...

Early morning sounds fun at the Earley house. Thanks for sharing this story -- I love it!