I've never taught my children to color within the lines. I've mostly tended to stay away from any form of direction in their art work as I have not wanted to tell them how they should create.
When GG was here for her last visit she spent some time with Ely, coloring in one of his Kids' Mandala coloring books. She talked to him about the different strokes that markers can make, about completely filling in the spaces and about coloring inside the lines. He really took their session to heart and now approaches his mandalas from a different angle. He takes much more time to complete each one and probably actually now gets a lot more of the calming, rhythmic nature inherent in the designs.
I'm so glad that my children have their extended family around them - to teach them from their perspective.
Oh and when I asked Ely how he knew how to make the 3 D house, his answer was "I have many talents with paper."
2 comments:
i love ely's creativity! he always amazes me!!
The Birthday Card Ely recently made for me shows that he does "have many talents with paper".
I loved the BD cards that both Eryn and Ely made for me.....they are so special!!
Grandma Earley
Post a Comment