Eryn and Tim were out running errands one day and they came back with a Venus Flytrap. It turned out to be a great source of entertainment and study for Eryn and Ely.
Without prompting, they read about the plant and how to take care of it.
Then Ely drew pictures of the plant and recorded some questions and observations:
Why is it spiky?
What does it eat?
This plant eats bugs.
Who hunts the best? Followed by a picture of the fly trap and a spider web.
He also recorded how many of the spikes were open and how many were closed.
Eryn made a Venus Fly Trap Diary. It started out as an observation similar to Ely's but quickly turned into a work of fiction from the perspective of the Venus Fly Trap.
My Venus Fly Trap (diohua) Diary
Day 1:
3 buds open + 1 = 4. Likes peat and sphagnum moss.
If any tips are brown cut them off and it will grow new ones.
Lady bug on it.
Day 2:
I have been very good and healthy. Problem is Mr. Fly won't let me be friends any more because I eat his own kind. I bet he'll forget in a few days. I hope.
Day 3:
Mr . Fly hasn't forgotten. He said he'd bet me this shiny thing that I'd eat his wife.
I hope he forgets.
Day 4:
Mr. Fly has had children. He said he thinks I'll eat them.
Good times for him, but bad for me. It's gone from bad to worse because well...
I.. well... I well, have a stomach ache and Mr. Fly is so mad because I have the burp system.
Day 5 :
Bored. No friends. Burp system.
No comments:
Post a Comment