Thursday, June 2, 2011
Repurpose
Eryn and I were at the thrift store and came upon this vintage hand embroidered pillow case. We were very excited, but then we noticed that just above the embroidered basket on the right was a long rip that couldn't be repaired. We purchased it anyway (for a whole quarter) because I was sure we could find another purpose for it. The idea to make it into a doll apron came to me right way and only took about half an hour. I just cut the undamaged part of the pillow case into a rectangle, hemmed the side edges, gathered the top edge and sewed it to a ribbon.


I love how it looks and I love that this little piece of some one's handiwork didn't end up in the trash but found a new life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So cute!
You are amazing! I love it.....
great idea! love it!
very cool creative daughter
Post a Comment