We have driven to Vermont many times, but since we were going to Maine first, our route was different this time. It wasn't until I looked out the window and noticed that we were passing by New York City, that it occurred to me that we should call Tim's sister and see if her town was on our route. So I called and it turned out that we would be going right past her exit.
So we went to her house and went for a little walk. A nice break for us since we had driven through the night and an unexpected treat to get to see Beth and Lily.
I tried to take a picture of the cousins all together. Didn't work out so well.
Then we headed on to Maine and arrived late afternoon at our home for the next three nights:
The Wagon Wheel Motel. The only place I could find at the last minute, that was near Portland, that was affordable and that could accommodate a family of six.
After dropping off our stuff, we headed over to nearby Orchard Beach to check it out. It's a very commercial town on the beach with lots of shops and lots of people. Really not our scene, but it was low tide and it was nice to get some walking in after being in the car, so we enjoyed ourselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment